Today is the last day for “All About Layering”. This final class about layering stamps is phenomenal. It is hosted by Lydia Evans and she created some fantastic and totally different cards in this class. I will most definitely use some of the great tips and ideas that she taught in this class in the future, but for today I created something a little bit more subtle. At least it is for me.
Today’s project inspiration is this beautiful card created by Jenny Colacicco. She used Triumph Tulip stamp set in her card and I just absolutely fell in love in the color scheme. So I took her color approach as an inspiration and I hope you like what I came up with.
In my card I used a little bit different stamp set, it is called Exotic Tulips and this stamp set is absolutely gorgeous. In addition to this, I also used Baroque Motifs stamp set. I just wanted to mention that all the highlighted items on my blog are linked to Altenew store where you can check out and/or order the exact supplies that I am using.
This is one more mini slimline card. I wanted to create a trifold card and the first thing I did was cut two panels at 3 1/2 x 6. Next I stamped images from the Baroque Motifs stamp set on one panel, using a stamping block and the ink that I used is Amethyst by Altenew. After my background was done, I trimmed the second panel and decided to add die cut to the bottom of the panel. I stamped the images with Amethyst and Grape Agate Altenew Inks. For layering these images I skipped the solid most stamp. That is the very first layer, but you do not have to skip this step I just wanted to do something different. Once my flowers and leaves were stamped I used coordinating dies to cut them out. I made more than I actually needed, but that is ok. I like to to this in case I need more and I can always save them for future projects. I then arranged and attached my die cuts on the bottom of my panel. Since the back of the panel was showing my layered die cuts, I decided to fabricate a piece that will go over my die cuts. I simply traced the shape with my pencil and them cut it with a pair of scissors and glued it to the back of my panel. Now this step is optional, I just find it gave a more polished and professional look. Then it was time to assemble the card. I glued the first panel to my card and add a sentiment, which I did at a vey end once everything was assembled. I just forgot. But with a help of my MISTI that was no issue at all. I also added some Wink of Stella to my die cuts just for some sparkle.
And the card was done.
This was a very fun project and a wonderful way to finish this level. I will see you soon with another project.
Thank you for visiting me. Please feel free to leave a me a note or a question if you have any.
All the best, Lana